Tommy’s Smoothie Bowl Workshop
We invited our Only About Children Food Ambassador & two-time MasterChef contestant, Tommy Pham to our Cammeray campus to make smoothie bowls with some of our preschool children. Watch the video below to find out how it went!
For the smoothie
- 1 avocado diced and frozen (if possible)
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 bananas chopped and frozen (if possible)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1.5 cup plain Greek yoghurt
Fresh for garnish
- Mango sliced
- Banana sliced
- Berries (e.g. strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- Nectarines sliced
- Granola/cereal (nut free, no/low sugar. We use Be Natural Wholegrain Flakes)
- Coconut flakes
Place smoothie ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, you may need to stop the blender and shake or push the ingredients around to blend it smooth. Tip: Put the blueberries into the blender first!
- Pour some of the smoothie mixture into a bowl then add fruit and garnishes on top of the bowl.
- Enjoy immediately while it’s still cold.
For information on our Only About Children Food Ambassador, MasterChef Tommy Pham, click here.
Learn more great recipes from MasterChef Tommy Pham: