Tommy’s Savoury Scroll Lollipops How-To Video
- Puff pastry for the scrolls(cut sheets into 4 strips
- Fillings e.g. shredded chicken, grated cheese, grated carrots, mushrooms etc.1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 pack of 4 beetroots
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 2-4 tbsp of water
- For the beetroot hummus, measure out & add each ingredient into the main bowl.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- For the scrolls, place puff pastry strips on a baking tray or chopping board.
- Spread hummus onto half of the strip lengthwise (see video).
- Fold the puff pastry to cover the sauce and brush with olive oil or butter.
- Place the veggies, chicken and cheese along the strip and roll the pastry into a snail shape.
- Press a paddle-pop stick into the scroll and bake until golden (approximately 20 minutes at 180°).
As Only About Children Food Ambassador, MasterChef Tommy Pham has developed the Savoury Scroll Lollipops recipe as part of the MasterChef Tommy Pham inspired in-campus cooking experiences. These are super recipes to make with the little ones at home!
For information on our Only About Children Food Ambassador, MasterChef Tommy Pham, click here.
Learn more great recipes from MasterChef Tommy Pham: