- 1 head Broccoli, cut into florets Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp
- Brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 650g Chicken thigh or breast, diced Pasta shells*
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Sunflower seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Fresh basil bunch
- 2 cups Baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated*
- Place broccoli in a food processor and blend until it resembles grains of rice.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in fry pan over medium heat, add onion, garlic and broccoli crumbs and cook for a few minutes. Add chicken pieces and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto sauce, place sunflower seeds (if using), lemon, garlic, basil, spinach, water and parmesan cheese in a food processor. Slowly stream in olive oil while the machine is running. Process until smooth. Note: option to add more water or olive oil to achieve desired consistency.
- Add pesto sauce and chicken mixture to cooked pasta. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese. Add chopped cherry tomatoes throughout, or serve alongside.
Click here for more Autumn menu inspiration.
Health & Nutrition
6 Steps to Introducing Your Child to a New FoodOur in-house Dietitians Anna & Alex explore the 6 step approach to help children eat a greater variety of foods and increase their confidence in trying new foods.
Discover & learn