Have a question for Oac?

Our FAQ section is here to help you out. Check below to see if we’ve already provided the information to resolve whatever questions you may have. Of course, if you can’t find what you’re looking for here, we’re always happy to have a chat. You can find your closest campus to get relevant contact information, where one of our friendly and knowledgeable team members will be happy to assist you however possible.

OAC Campuses

New Enrolments

  • Is there an initial payment required to confirm an enrolment?

    • For enrolments, we ask for an initial payment of 2 weeks gross fees and a non-refundable enrolment fee of $250.00.
    • If the enrolment is cancelled before the commencement date the full initial payment will be forfeited. * If the enrolment is at an unlicensed campus, 50% of the full initial payment is refundable at any time until the unlicensed campus receives its license.
  • How long do I have to decide if I would like to accept a position?

    When you are offered a position, the Enrolments Consultant will email you our enrolment paperwork to complete. You will have 72 hours to complete and return the paperwork along with your child's birth certificate and immunisation records. If we do not hear from you within this time, the hold on the position will be removed.

  • What will I need to provide in order to secure my enrolment?

    When offered a position your Enrolments Consultant will send you an "Offer of enrolment" email. Attached to this email will be your enrolment forms and a Direct Debit Form. To secure your enrolment you will need to send back the completed enrolment forms and Direct Debit Request form along with your childs birth certificate and immunisation records. Please keep in mind that we no longer accept copies of immunisation records from your childs blue book and legally now require your official records from Centrelink. We understand that gathering all of this information can be difficult and so recommend that families have these documents ready well ahead of time to ensure the 72 hour time frame from offering is met.

  • Is there a minimum number of days required for enrolment

    The minimum enrolment is 2 days. We feel any less than this can be too upsetting for children as they cannot settle and form attachment with other children or teachers. It can also be difficult for teachers to plan a suitable program if a child is only attending 1 day per week. We also require all enrolments to include a Monday or a Friday. 

  • Am I able to claim Government rebates if I enrol with Oac?

    Yes, we are a registered childcare provider which means that eligible families are able to claim the Government benefit relating to your childcare.

  • How to complete your enrolment form

    We have provided a quick 'How to complete the enrolment form’ step by step instructions. Please select your language below:




New Childcare Package

  • What is the Child Care Subsidy?

    The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is the main way the Government assists families with their child care fees. The CCS helps parents with children aged 0 – 13 who work, train, study and/or volunteer.

  • How do I know if I’m eligible for the Child Care Subsidy?

    There are certain requirements that must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) for their child. These include:

    • The age of the child (must be 13 or under and not attending secondary school)
    • The individual, or their partner, meeting the residency requirements
    • The combined family income meeting the specified requirements
    • The child meeting immunisation requirements
  • How do I apply for the Child Care Subsidy?

    • Contact Centrelink to register for a Customer Reference Number (CRN) for both yourself and your child. To set up a CRN you’ll need to visit Centrelink or contact them by phone - 136 150.
    • Inform Centrelink that you wish to claim CCS for your child.
    • Register for a myGov account online and link it to your Centrelink account.
    • Input your Activity Levels and your combined family Income for the financial year.
    • Provide us with your and your child’s CRN numbers so we’re able to make a connection to Centrelink to ensure you can receive CCS payments.
    • Once a connection to Centrelink is made, you will receive notification to approve the enrolment notice. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.
    • Visit the enrolments tab in your myGov account to approve your child’s child care details (i.e. the campus they are enrolled at, days they are enrolled and the daily rate).
    • Authorise your Complying Written Agreement that is given to you as part of your enrolment pack when you enrol your child with Oac.
  • How much will I be subsidised?

    There are three things which will determine your level of subsidy:

    • Your combined family income.
    • The activity level of you family. Your activity level is the ‘recognised activities’ that enables a family to claim a subsidy (e.g. work, study or training) up to a maximum of 100 hours per fortnight based on the parent with the least number of hours.
    • The type of childcare your child will be attending. Oac is classified as Long Day Care.

    For more details, and to obtain an estimate of what your Child Care Subsidy could be, visit the Child Care Subsidy website  or contact the Department of Education and Training on 1300 566 046.

  • How many absentee days can my child take from child care and still be eligible for the CCS?

    Families are entitled to 42 absence days per child, per financial year. You may also be entitled to additional absence days in certain circumstances (e.g. illness of a child, a parent or sibling). In shared care arrangements, the allocation of 42 absences per financial year relates to the child, not each individual claimant.

  • How long is my child allowed to be on leave from child care before I have to re-apply for the CCS?

    Enrolments will automatically end if your child does not attend care for eight continuous weeks. A new enrolment notice will need to be submitted to Centrelink which will require approval via your myGov account, as well as signing a new Complying Written Agreement Statement.

  • Are there any additional Child Care Subsidy or support payments I can access?

    For additional support, such as the Temporary Hardship or the Transition to Work payments, please contact Centrelink directly.

  • Where do I go to find out more information?

    • The Department of Education has provided extensive Frequently Asked Questions on their website 
    • For in-depth details on the Child Care Subsidy visit their website or contact the Department directly on 1300 566 046
  • Common Issues with Receiving the CCS

    • The details of my child’s enrolment are incorrect, e.g. the days enrolled do not match/ there is an extra casual day recorded or not recorded/ the day rate is incorrect
      • Prior to disputing the details in myGov, please contact us on 138 OAC so we can discuss any issues with your child’s enrolment and if so, what steps need to be taken to correct them.
    • There are no enrolment details in myGov
      • Please check that you have given Oac the correct CRN numbers for both yourself and your child, and that you have completed your myGov assessment so you are registered to receive the CCS.
    • My CCS connection has ended
      • This may be due to taking extended leave (more than eight weeks). All CCS payments will be automatically ceased by Centrelink if a child has not attended care for more than eight weeks.  A new connection will need to be made upon return to the centre.

Our Team

  • What are the staff/child ratios?

    0-2 years 1:4
    2-3 years 1:5
    3-5 years 1:10

    0-2 years 1:4
    2-3 years 1:4
    3-5 years 1:11

Existing enrolments

  • What's the notice period to change or end the enrolment days?

    The notice period to make any changes to your enrolled days is 4 weeks written notice.

    The notice period to end your enrolment is 6 weeks written notice.

  • Can I transfer from one campus to another?

    Yes. Please let your Customer Relations Consultant know, who will find out the availability within another campus.

  • Will my child move rooms when they have a birthday?

    Transitions into an older room are based on developmental readiness and availability. We generally run like a school year. When our preschoolers leave for primary school in December/January, we have the opportunity to transition children.


  • How do I join the waitlist?

    Contact our Customer Relations Team to book in a tour and find out more about your nearest campus.  

    We have limited positions across nursery, toddler and Preschool/kindergarten. We encourage you to enrol your child early to secure your preferred dates.

  • Can I visit the campus before I join the waitlist?

    Yes. We do ask that you make an appointment to visit the campus, so please contact the Customer Relations team or complete and enquiry form.

    • NSW: (02) 8968 1500
    • VIC: (03) 8529 5000
  • Can I join the waitlist if my baby hasn't been born yet?

    Yes you can. When you join the waitlist you can write the baby’s surname and write ‘baby’ or ‘unknown’, and an estimated date of birth. Once the baby is born please contact the Customer Relations team to update your details.

  • Do I need to call you regularly to re-confirm my interest?

    No. There is no need to call to re-confirm your interest. The Customer Relations team will regularly be contacting the waitlist regarding availability. You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions or update your preferences.

  • What will I need to provide in order to secure my enrolment?

    When offered a position your Customer Relations Consultant will send you an "Offer of enrolment" email. Attached to this email will be your enrolment forms and a Direct Debit Request form. To secure your enrolment you will need to send back the completed enrolment forms and Direct Debit Request form along with your childs birth certificate and immunisation records. Please keep in mind that we no longer accept copies of immunisation records from your childs blue book and legally now require your official records from Centrelink. We understand that gathering all of this information can be difficult and so recommend that families have these documents ready well ahead of time to ensure the 24 hour time frame from offering is met.


  • What are your fees?

    The daily fee depends on the campus they attend, and the room that they are enrolled in. There is a different fee for Nursery, Toddler and Preschool age groups. Each campus has a different fee structure. Please contact us and an enrolments specialist will be able to assist you.

  • What is included in the daily fee?

    • Speech and language, sight and hearing development screenings
    • Music and foreign language programs
    • Nutritionally sound meals and snacks
    • Bedding
    • Huggies nappies
    • Wipes
    • Barrier cream
    • Cow and soy milk
    • Range of formulas
    • Avent bottles
  • How do I pay my weekly fees?

    Billing is conducted automatically every week on a Monday, for that week in advance. At enrolment, we supply you with a direct debit form. You can elect to pay your weekly fees by credit card or direct debit. You can change your billing details at any time by notifying your Customer Relations contact.

  • Why do I have to pay for public holidays?

    The reason we need to charge on public holidays is because we have every day costs that take place, regardless of whether children are at the campus or not. Some early childhood services absorb their running costs into their fees making their daily rate higher. This may mean that you are paying for public holidays even if your child is not enrolled on a public holiday.

  • Why do my fees sometimes fluctuate from week to week?

    If you claim the child care rebate and/or benefit, you can be subject to fee fluctuation due to the timing of the child care rebate payments, and your level of child care benefit. This is triggered by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) which we have no control over. We are always happy to answer your questions and are generally up to date with information from the Department of Human Services.

    We have created a Statement guide for you here.

  • When will I get my initial payment back

    After providing notice to leave Oac, your initial payment will be returned to your nominated account. For enrolments confirmed before 1 July 2018, this will happen three weeks after your family has finished at the campus. For enrolments confirmed after 1 July 2018, this will happen two weeks after your child has finished at the campus.

  • The terms and conditions mention an 'Administration Fee' which is payable whenever there are insufficient funds in my bank account or my credit card is rejected. How much is the Administration Fee?

    The Administration Fee is $10.50 for fees, charges or reimbursements processed.

  • What are your late collection fee's?

    We charge a standard late collection fee of $20 plus an additional $15 for each 15 minute increment after our closing time. So, for example, if your Campus closes at 6:30pm but you do not collect your child until 7pm, you will be charged $50 [calculated as $20 + (2 x $15)].

  • How do I read my new statement guide?

    For help on understanding your statement please view our Oac Statement guide


  • My child is not immunised - can they be enrolled?

    No. From the 1st January 2018, any new Oac enrolments will require the child to be fully up-to-date with their immunisations, or be on a catch up schedule, or have a medical exemption to be enrolled into care.  Documentation supporting the child’s immunisation position, must be provided at the time of enrolment.

    Children who are not vaccinated will not receive the Child Care Subsidy.

  • What documents do I need to supply to show my child's immunisation status?

    The following docuemnts will be accepted by Oac to show that their child’s immunisation status.

    No other documents will be accepted and the enrolment cannot be confirmed without one of these.

  • I don't have a copy of my child's immunisation documents - what should I do?

    A copy of your child's immunisation details can be obtained at any time by:

    • using their Medicare online account through MyGov
    • using the Medicare Express Plus App
    • calling the Australian Immunisations Register (AIR) General Enquiries Line on 1800 653 809.
    • Parents should automatically receive their child’s AIR Immunisation History Statement in the mail after they complete their immunisation schedule (sometime after 4 years of age).
  • My child was immunised overseas, can I supply a copy of this schedule to show they are up to date?

    Overseas immunisation schedules may differ from the Australian schedule and cannot be accepted.

    • If a child was immunised overseas, their immunisation record will need to be checked by a GP who will upload the information to the Australian Immunisation Register, and provide an  AIR Immunisation History Form aligning their immunisations to the current Australian schedule and what immunisations the child needs to catch-up on.
    • Parents can then request an updated AIR Immunisation History Statement to reflect this and submit to Oac. NOTE: A doctor’s letter is not acceptable – only an AIR Immunisation History Form or a catch up schedule will be accepted.
  • I am not sure what immunisations my child should be having?

    Please visit the National Immunisation Program website which outlines the vaccinations and when they are due.