- 250g Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- ½ cup Pear, roughly mashed
- ¾ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chunks of pumpkin on tray and bake in oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until pumpkin is soft. Leave to cool and then blitz in food processor or blender (note: you will need to do this in batches).
- Keep oven on and line a medium size loaf pan with baking paper.
- Gently combine the flour and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin puree, mashed pears, vanilla extract, milk, oil and rice malt syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix to just combine. (Note: add water if required).
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting into slices.
Want more recipe inspiration? Try our Spinach & Cheese Gozleme.
MasterChef Tommy Pham's Korean Jeon
Health & Nutrition Our Food Ambassador, MasterChef Tommy Pham, shares a great family recipe - Korean Jeon, aka crispy, savoury, vegetable fritters!
Tackling Unhealthy Thinking Habits in Young Children - Negative Thinking
Wellbeing Dr Kaylene Henderson, Child Psychiatrist and Only About Children Parenting Expert explores the topic of negative thinking in our little ones.
Tackling Unhealthy Thinking Habits in Young Children - Perfectionism
Wellbeing Dr Kaylene Henderson, Child Psychiatrist and Only About Children Parenting Expert explores the topic of tackling perfectionism in our little ones.