- 250g Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- ½ cup Pear, roughly mashed
- ¾ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chunks of pumpkin on tray and bake in oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until pumpkin is soft. Leave to cool and then blitz in food processor or blender (note: you will need to do this in batches).
- Keep oven on and line a medium size loaf pan with baking paper.
- Gently combine the flour and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin puree, mashed pears, vanilla extract, milk, oil and rice malt syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix to just combine. (Note: add water if required).
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting into slices.
Want more recipe inspiration? Try our Spinach & Cheese Gozleme.
Charting a New Course: Jackie's Career Shift from Finance to Early Education
Careers Join Jackie on her remarkable journey from finance to early childhood education, where her passion for children and families takes center stage. Explore the exciting world of possibilities in her inspiring career shift.
Top Tips To Consider As You Prepare Your Child For ‘Big’ School
Discover & learn Dr Kaylene Henderson, Child Psychiatrist and Only About Children Parenting Expert provides 8 top tips for parents to help their child have a smooth start to school.