Tommy’s Sushi Roll How-To Video
Ingredients (to make 4 sushi rolls)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1 carrot julienned & cooked
- 200g chicken strips
- 1/2 bag spinach, blanched
- 1/2 yellow pickled radish
- 2 cucumbers sliced into sticks
- 8 seaweed sheets cut into 4
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- Sushi rolling mats
- Measuring spoons
- For the rice mix the oil, hemp seeds, soy sauce and cooked rice together in a bowl until evenly covered.
- For the carrots, add a tsp of olive oil into a pan and fry carrots until soft.
- For the spinach, add a tsp of olive oil into a pan and fry spinach until soft.
- To assemble add approx. 1 tbsp of rice onto a seaweed sheet and spread as evenly as possible, add desired fillings and roll (watch how-to video for Tommy’s tips). Repeat for remaining rolls.
- To finish, brush rolls with olive oil and sprinkle with hempseeds.
- For the sauce, add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix together.
- Dip sushi rolls into the dipping sauce & enjoy!
As Only About Children Food Ambassador, MasterChef Tommy Pham has developed this special in-campus cooking workshop in celebration of National Nutrition Week (17-21 Oct). It’s also a great recipe to make with the little ones at home!
For information on our Only About Children Food Ambassador, MasterChef Tommy Pham, click here.
Learn more great recipes from MasterChef Tommy Pham: