Watch MasterChef Tommy Pham’s Make Spiced Pumpkin French Toast Roll Ups
Serves 2 (double for serving of 4)
- 150g pumpkin chopped into small chunks (about 1/8 of a pumpkin)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp allspice or cinnamon
- pinch of sugar
- 6 slices rye bread/white bread
- butter for frying
- chopped strawberries
- peanut butter
- cream cheese
- Place the pumpkin in a microwave safe bowl with 3 tbsp of water, cover with cling wrap and microwave for 5 mins (or until soft), remove from the microwave and put aside to cool.
- Mix eggs, milk, spice and sugar together with a fork.
- Add the cooled pumpkin to the egg mixture and blitz with a stick blender to combine.
- Cut the crust off the bread and roll flat with a rolling pin.
- Add desired/available filling into the flattened bread and roll up tightly.
- Dip the rolls into the pumpkin egg mixture
- Add a 1 tsp of butter into a frying pan on medium heat, cook until butter has melted and is hot
- Place rolls into the pan and cook for approximately 5 minutes make sure you turn the rolls every so often to evenly cook the roll up.
- Serve roll ups as is, with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of icing sugar!
As part of the Grow With Us parenting series, Masterchef Tommy shares family friendly recipe cards, how-to videos and cooking workshops with Only About Children families. For information on our Only About Children Food Ambassador, Masterchef Tommy Pham, click here.
Learn more great recipes from MasterChef Tommy Pham: