Watch & Join MasterChef Tommy Pham’s Rice Paper Rolls Cooking Workshop
Serves family of 4
- 1 pack rice paper rolls
- 500g scotch fillet thinly sliced (or king oyster mushrooms as a vegetarian option)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch Salt
- pinch sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1-2 packet of rice noodles cooked according to packed instructions
- 3 carrots finely grated
- 2 cucumbers shaved with peeler or finely sliced
- 1 avocado finely sliced
- 100g butter
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 large bowl of warm water
Dipping sauce for adults
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 birdseye chilli finely minced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 garlic finely minced
- Marinate the beef in the sesame oil, salt, sugar, fish sauce and oyster sauce for at least 30mins.
- Add approximately a tbsp of butter into a pan, cook until fully melted and hot.
- Add approximately 1/3 of the beef into the pan and fry until nicely browned on both sides of the beef (approximately 5 minutes).
- Place the beef on a plate to cool.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until all beef has been cooked.
- Place a sheet of rice paper into the warm water, turning until the rice paper is covered in water.
- Place the rice paper into a plate and add veggies, herbs, rice noodles and beef onto the rice paper.
- Slowly roll one side of the rice paper until about halfway through.
- Fold the ends of the rice paper into the centre and roll the rest of the rice paper roll.
- Enjoy your rice paper rolls! For adults looking for a little bit more flavour and fun make the dipping sauce and dip away.Optional dipping sauce
- Mix the water and sugar into a medium sized bowl until the sugar is dissolved
- Add the lime juiced, birdseye chilli, fish sauce & garlic
As part of the Grow With Us parenting series, Masterchef Tommy shares family friendly recipe cards, how-to videos and cooking workshops with Only About Children families. For information on our Only About Children Food Ambassador, Masterchef Tommy Pham, click here.
Learn more great recipes from MasterChef Tommy Pham: