Oat & Coconut Slice
- Wholemeal self-raising flour – 250g
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Desiccated coconut – 3/4 cup
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Rice malt syrup – 1/4 cup
- Fresh pineapple (or other fruit) – to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan-forced and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add 2 cups of oats to a food processor and process until a flour is formed.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, wholemeal flour, baking soda. desiccated coconut.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut milk, olive oil, whisked eggs and rice malt syrup
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and gently fold until well combined.
- Pour mixture into tin ,option to sprinkle with an extra tablespoon of oats and place in oven to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in tin for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve slice with fresh fruit.
Pea & Ricotta Chicken Risoni
Serves a family of 4
- Risoni or macaroni pasta – 350g
- Frozen peas, thawed – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Lemon rind – 1 tsp
- Garlic, minced – 2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Chicken breast, diced – 600g
- Ricotta cheese – 1 cup
- Cheese, shredded – 200g
- Raw veggies (e.g. cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, capsicum sticks) – to serve
- To poach chicken: fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil over medium heat. Add chicken and reduce to low heat. Simmer, covered until chicken is just cooked through. Remove from heat and shred with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to the packet instructions. Set aside.
- In a blender combine peas, lemon juice, lemon rind, garlic and olive oil and blend until roughly chopped or combined.
- Combine cooked risoni with pea mixture then add ricotta, shredded chicken and parmesan through and season.
- Serve pasta with cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks.
Cheese & Vegemite Scrolls
Makes 10 little ones
- Wholemeal flour – 2 cups
- Plain yoghurt – 1 cup
- Vegemite, salt reduced – 3 tsp
- Cheddar cheese, grated – 200g
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix flour and yoghurt in a bowl, using your hands to form a dough. (Note you may need to add a little water to bring the dough together).
- Turn the contents of the bowl out onto a floured work bench and knead until the dough comes together into a ball. You may need to add additional flour to work bench to prevent sticking.
- Roll the dough out into a 40 x 25 cm rectangle.
- Spread the dough with vegemite right to the edges (note: if you’re finding it hard to spread the vegemite, you might want to microwave it with a little bit of water to make it easier to spread) and then sprinkle over with plenty of cheese.
- Roll the dough up tightly, starting from one of the long edges. Trim the ends then cut into 10 slices.
- Place the scrolls on the baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
MasterChef Tommy’s Spiced Pumpkin French Toast Roll Ups
Health & Nutrition Join Only About Children Food Ambassador, Masterchef Tommy Pham, as he shows families how to make Spiced Pumpkin French Toast Roll Ups
MasterChef Tommy’s Beef & Vegetable Rice Paper Rolls
Health & Nutrition To launch our partnership with MasterChef Tommy Pham, join Tommy on an exclusive cooking workshop for our Only About Children families where he teaches us how to make a family favourite – Beef & Vegetable Rice Paper Rolls.