How to Enrol
1. Tour our campus and meet the team
We encourage families to come for a campus tour, meet our Educators and ask us any questions you like. It’s the perfect way to showcase our learning environments and reassure you that your child will always be in safe hands with us.
2. Request Enrolment
If you like the sound of Only About Children, and you’d like your child’s early learning experience to be with us, we’d be thrilled to have you join us.
Our Enrolments team will guide you through the enrolment process and support you with the related government childcare assistance options including CRN’s, Child Care Subsidy, enrolment documents and immunisation requirements.
3. Prepare for enrolment
To secure your position, you will need to complete the childcare enrolment form via our online portal, through My Family Lounge. Your Enrolments Consultant will send you an “Offer of Enrolment” email to complete the online enrolment form. To help you through this process, our dedicated Enrolments Team will be happy to assist you.
We recommend families have the required documents ready well ahead of time to ensure an efficient enrolment experience.
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Photo or scan of driver’s licence, or other government-issued photographic ID of both parents (unless sole custody)
- Current immunisation record from Medicare or the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- Any relevant documents relating to sole parenting documentation, medical plans, custodial orders etc
Finding your CRN
A CRN is a Centrelink Customer Reference number provided when you receive payments from them. Centrelink uses a CRN to identify your personal record. A CRN is 9 numbers and ends with a letter. For example: 123 456 789A.
You will be asked to provide your own CRN as the Guardian 1 on your account, as well as your child’s CRN during the enrolment process (two different CRNs). You can find more information about CRN numbers and where to locate them here.
Please note that both CRNS will be required to complete the enrolment and to be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
It is a regulatory requirement to obtain the immunisation status of each child.
The following documents will be accepted by Only About Children (Oac) to show a child’s immunisation status:
- AIR Immunisation History Statement – those that are fully immunised for their age
- AIR Immunisation Medical Exemption Form – those that have a medical reason not to be vaccinated, or
- AIR Immunisation History Form – those that are on a recognised catch-up schedule
No other documents will be accepted, and the enrolment cannot be confirmed without one of these.
A copy of your child’s immunisation details can be obtained at any time by:
- using their Medicare online account through MyGov
- using the Medicare Express Plus App
- calling the Australian Immunisations Register (AIR) General Enquiries Line on 1800 653 809
Parents should automatically receive their child’s AIR Immunisation History Statement in the mail after they complete their immunisation schedule (sometime after 4 years of age).
Please visit the Department of Health’s National Immunisation Program Schedule which outlines the vaccinations and when they are due.