Rainbow Chicken Pilaf Recipe
- 1 tsp Extra vigin olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, finely diced
- 650g Chicken
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Garam masala, ground
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1 3/4 Cup Basmati rice, uncooked
- 1L Chicken stock, salt reduced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 3 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- Summer veggies to serve
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large fry pan. Add onions and stir until softened.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until the chicken pieces start to brown.
- Add garam masala, cinnamon and turmeric, carrot, celery and uncooked rice to the pan. Stir for a couple of minutes until rice is yellow.
- Pour in the stock and add capsicum and peas. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, then cover the pan with a lid. Cook until rice is cooked and stock is absorbed.
- Serve chicken pilaf with seasonal vegetables.
Download a pdf of this recipe below
Charting a New Course: Jackie's Career Shift from Finance to Early Education
Careers Join Jackie on her remarkable journey from finance to early childhood education, where her passion for children and families takes center stage. Explore the exciting world of possibilities in her inspiring career shift.
Top Tips To Consider As You Prepare Your Child For ‘Big’ School
Discover & learn Dr Kaylene Henderson, Child Psychiatrist and Only About Children Parenting Expert provides 8 top tips for parents to help their child have a smooth start to school.