Rainbow Chicken Pilaf Recipe
- 1 tsp Extra vigin olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, finely diced
- 650g Chicken
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Garam masala, ground
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1 3/4 Cup Basmati rice, uncooked
- 1L Chicken stock, salt reduced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 3 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- Summer veggies to serve
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large fry pan. Add onions and stir until softened.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until the chicken pieces start to brown.
- Add garam masala, cinnamon and turmeric, carrot, celery and uncooked rice to the pan. Stir for a couple of minutes until rice is yellow.
- Pour in the stock and add capsicum and peas. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, then cover the pan with a lid. Cook until rice is cooked and stock is absorbed.
- Serve chicken pilaf with seasonal vegetables.
Download a pdf of this recipe below
MasterChef Tommy Pham's Korean Jeon
Health & Nutrition Our Food Ambassador, MasterChef Tommy Pham, shares a great family recipe - Korean Jeon, aka crispy, savoury, vegetable fritters!
Tackling Unhealthy Thinking Habits in Young Children - Negative Thinking
Wellbeing Dr Kaylene Henderson, Child Psychiatrist and Only About Children Parenting Expert explores the topic of negative thinking in our little ones.
Tackling Unhealthy Thinking Habits in Young Children - Perfectionism
Wellbeing Dr Kaylene Henderson, Child Psychiatrist and Only About Children Parenting Expert explores the topic of tackling perfectionism in our little ones.