- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Line muffin tray with paper cases or spray muffin tray with olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine flour and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine banana, strawberries, rice malt syrup and oil. Then add this mixture to the flour mixture. (Note: option to add some apple puree if mixture is too dry).
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Thai Basil Beef and Veggie Bowls
- 350g rice
- Light coconut milk (to cook)
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 600g lean beef mince
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- ½ bunch spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cook rice according to packet instructions but replace half of the water with coconut milk. Add the lemongrass to the rice while cooking for flavor.
- Heat half the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger, stirring until translucent.
- Add mince beef and stir until browned.
- Add half the soy sauce and half of the fresh basil. Bring mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining fresh basil.
- Heat another fry pan with the remaining olive oil. Add carrots, capsicum, spring onions, fish sauce, lime juice and the remaining soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until vegetables have softened.
- Divide the rice among the bowls, top with beef and lastly the vegetables.
Health & Nutrition
New Summer Menu RecipesDeveloped in conjunction with our in-house dietitians, our New Summer Menu has been crafted to ensure your child is eating a balanced diet and enjoying their favourite foods. Here are the latest recipes for you to make at home.
Health & Nutrition