Below are two of our favourite Spring Recipes from our new Spring Menu.
You can use the recipe directly from this page or download the pdf version when you click on the related image.
Carrot Cake Slice
Makes 10 slices
- 250g whole meal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 2 eggs (or egg replacement)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, rice malt syrup, apple puree, eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until mixture is combined. Be careful not to overmix. Add carrots and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into lined tray and bake for around 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the icing, combine Greek yoghurt and desiccated coconut. Once cooled, ice the slice and enjoy!
Italian Veggie Packed Spaghetti Bolognese
- 300g beef or pork mince
- 100g pasta
- 1 diced brown onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 diced zucchini
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 diced capsicum
- 2 diced celery stalks
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add pork or beef mince to the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, capsicum, celery and zucchini to the pan and cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add mince back to the pan along with canned tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano.
- Reduce heat to medium–low. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, for around 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add peas and stir.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Mix pasta and Bolognese mixture in the pan.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese to serve.
Discover & learn
What’s unique about our Oac Grow curriculum?Our Oac Grow curriculum is an innovative play-based curriculum that delivers intentional teaching in dynamic small group learning environments. Learn how our curriculum supports the development of growing minds.
Health & Nutrition
New Spring Menu!Developed in conjunction with our Dietitians, The Biting Truth, our spring menu has been crafted to ensure your child is eating a balanced diet and enjoying their favourite foods. Here are the recipes for our Carrot Cake Slice and Italian Veggie Packed Spaghetti Bolognese for you to make at home.
Discover & learn