More Than A Job. A Rewarding Career
At Only About Children, our unique approach to early years learning goes beyond education to encompass the health and wellbeing of every child in our care. We call this The OAC Way. We operate over 80 campuses across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane (with more in development) and provide high-quality early years education and care to over 8,000 families.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance, the Safeguarding Manager will primarily be responsible for:
Developing and implementing OAC Safeguarding Framework – Maintain and lead a safeguarding community across the Only About Children portfolio, including providing high quality capacity building and coaching & training.
Maintain knowledge and currency in all relevant areas; including but not exclusive to; child protection laws and regulation, best practice in child protection and safeguarding, best practice in investigation of incidents, early childhood regulation and Law.
Positioning OAC as a leading child Safe organisation – delivering the required objectives of the National Child Safe Standards, ensuring all jurisdictional requirements.
Leading and conducting investigations – Demonstrate a strong understanding of reporting thresholds and initiate investigations. Develop comprehensive and concise investigation reports and guide the development of risk assessments in relation to allegations of reportable conduct. Lead interviews with staff, families and children, of a sensitive and confidential nature.
Building strong and trusting relationships with safeguarding related governing bodies – Responsible for building and maintaining strong partnerships with all safeguarding related governing bodies, including but not exclusive to; CCYP, OCG, Child Protection, Department of Justice. Oversee all communications regarding safeguarding with governing bodies.
- Extensive experience in a senior child protection/safeguarding role with a deep understanding of child and adult safeguarding principles across jurisdictions
- Knowledge of the National Child Safe Standards and strategies to implement these within an organisation
- Proven ability to implement safeguarding infrastructure across challenging operational environments
- Ability to work across multiple departments to deliver shared projects.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Qualifications in Early Childhood, Education, Community Services or similar would be desirable.
What’s in it for you?
We are proud to offer our team members a range of benefits including:
- Fully flexible work options
- Competitive pay with annual performance & salary reviews.
- 50% discount on childcare fees
- 2 Additional wellbeing days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Multiple career development opportunities within a rapidly growing business
At Only About Children we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and we want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.