About the Role
As a garden educator and horticulturist you will be passionate about the environment, health and nutrition, and educating children. As the garden educator you will be responsible for designing and developing a food garden program that supports children learning age appropriate skills of growing a food garden and understanding the concept behind growing your own food. This will be developed in the framework of the campus’s trademark playground to plate philosophy. This position will be part-time over two days, 12 hours per week at the Only About Children Tarneit campus.
- Develop and facilitate a fun, engaging, and age-appropriate Playground to Plate™ program.
- Maintain the food garden and surrounding gardens including indoor plants and harvest cycles of the gardens.
- Ensure environmental practices are embedded into the program.
- Spontaneous intentional teaching moments are occurring regularly and are being documented.
- Extend on children’s thinking, learning, and development by using their interests to build upon the program.
- Experience and passion for the garden and fresh produce
- Knowledge on how to care for a variety of plants and produce
- Work collaboratively and communicate with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of the EYLF, and NQF
- A dynamic personality and a clear passion for early childhood education
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this opportunity, simply apply by submitting a cover letter and an updated resume. If you’d like to find out more, email Aimee Burrows (Talent Acquisition Partner) via [email protected]