Facilities & Maintenance Officer
About the role.
The role of a Maintenance Officer involves traveling to various childcare campuses across Sydney and providing ongoing maintenance and repair works to ensure our campuses are safe at all times. A fully equipped work car with petrol and fuel is provided for this opportunity, along with other required tools and necessities. Working autonomously and directly reporting to the Property Manager, NSW in a close-knit fun team across NSW, VIC and QLD who support each other, and problem solve together.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performing regular maintenance and repairs to childcare campuses.
- Repairs to fixtures, light changes, furniture repairs, gyprock & painting, waste removal etc.
- Taking directions from the Maintenance Supervisor and using an online ticketing system to complete work orders.
- Some gardening work as required.
- Prioritising work to complete all assigned work requests in a timely manner
- A strong focus on maintaining safe environments while out at the childcare campuses.
- Over 5 years of extensive maintenance and repair experience
- Broad skillset to be able to problem solve a variety of issues.
- Good communication and relationships with business stakeholders
- Initiative, autonomy, and flexibility to achieve outcomes.
- Attention to detail to ensure high quality workmanship.
- Working with Children Check and covid-19 certificate.
- Occasional out of hours support for campuses.
You Are Worth More.
We believe that our people are worth more. Whether that be more pay & benefits, more wellbeing, more recognition, and more development.
- 50% discount for employee childcare fees
- Two annual ‘Wellbeing Days’ and option to purchase up to two weeks additional annual leave
- Access to 10 days paid Family & Domestic Violence support
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for ongoing mental health and wellbeing support
- Retail Discount Program including discounted online and instore vouchers and over 500 online cashback offers
- Loyalty Recognition Program to reward tenure of service
- Flexible working arrangements
How To Apply.
Click ‘apply now’ and submit your application.
At Only About Children, we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, and we want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!