Children are at the heart of our brand and we believe in the positive impact we can have on their overall education and wellbeing. We take the opportunity to lead our sector, and continually strive to be at the cutting edge of everything we do.
Oac is no ordinary childcare. We offer 21st century early childhood education and care to meet the needs of today’s families. We focus on innovation, development and passion for education. We invite curiosity, discovery and forward thinking.
An exciting opportunity has become available in our Facilities team for a Facilities, Gardening and Maintenance Officer to work across a region of our Sydney campuses.
The role involves travelling to our different campuses across Sydney and providing facilities, gardening and maintenance support. A car is provided, along with tools. The responsibilities include:
- Performing regular and comprehensive Building and Gardening maintenance
- Building and Gardening maintenance duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairs to fixtures, Light changes, furniture repairs, gyprock & painting, waste removal etc.
- Blowing yards, refiling sandpits, hedging, mowing, weeding, gutter cleaning etc.
- Performing routine inspections of property to check for gardening and maintenance problems.
- Responding to emergency calls when directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Prioritizing work to complete all assigned work requests in a timely manner
- Completing minor capex upgrade projects when required
- Over 2 years gardening and maintenance experience
- Broad and extensive repertoire of skills to be able to cope with a variety of issues
- Ability to perform gardening and maintenance that doesn’t require a specific tradesman
- Overall understanding of facilities and maintenance
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Plumbers encouraged to apply
If this sounds like you, then we can offer:
- Challenge – we want you to stretch yourself and make a positive impact
- Career development – we actively invest in career growth and progression
- Benefits – we provide discounted childcare and “Oac time”
- Celebrations – we love to recognise and applaud great work
- Balance – we truly have a flexible and engaging environment
Our proposition is different and so is our attitude. We’re passionate about education, lead with action, unite as one team and uphold integrity. Critical to our success are the great people who work here and the relationships they share with families.
If you are interested in this position simply click apply and follow the prompts. for more information about Only About Children, please visit our website www.oac.edu.au