About the Campus and Role
Children have ample space to create, explore and lead their own play in all of our four dedicated outdoor areas. Our Kinder space has a vast play area with a large sandpit and slides, and our toddler space overlooks the Melbourne City skyline. Our five age-based indoor spaces are specifically designed to encourage children to learn and grow with a focus on safety and natural elements. We enjoy connecting with our local community through planned excursions and community activities that build on the children’s interests and learning.
With an innovative play-based curriculum we stand out by delivering intentional teaching in dynamic small group learning environments where children’s successes, skills and challenges are monitored on an ongoing basis.
We are looking to welcome a Bachelor qualified (ECT) Room Leader to join our Nursery team. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensure the Oac Grow curriculum is being delivered at the highest standard
- Maintaining ongoing records of the children’s development, program and daily information for children
- Facilitate a collaborative work environment focusing on a One Team approach by supporting educators
- Create inspiring, interesting, and age appropriate learning environments
- Form meaningful partnerships with families to reach the best outcomes for each individual child
- A focus on the Primary Care-Giving and RIE approach to care
What you will need for the opportunity
We understand that educating young children is complex and requires ongoing qualifications and professional development. We ensure all our team members are appropriately skilled and qualified to develop and educate young minds. For this position, we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education in Early Childhood
- Child Protection, First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis and CPR
- Previous experience working within a room leader role
- A Working With Children Check
- A creative and cooperative team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested? Please hit the APPLY button now and follow the prompts to submit your resume.
Want to know more about Oac? Email Aimee via [email protected] for a chat or visit www.oac.edu.au