At Only About Children Highett, our children enjoy plenty of outdoor play space with dedicated areas for our Nursery, Toddler and Kinder children. Our seven age-based indoor spaces are specifically designed to encourage children to learn and grow with a focus on safety and natural elements. The main kitchen is designed for children to interact with our Cook and take part in cooking experiences.
At our Highett early learning centre you will find a team of qualified and passionate Educators ready to help your child feel stimulated, safe, nurtured and happy. Our educational curriculum, known as Oac Grow, specifically supports the development of growing minds in Nursery and Kindergarten aged children. We cover numeracy and literacy, technology, creative expression, exploration and sustainability. Your child will take part in a range of experiences exclusive to Only About Children. Our teaching is delivered in a fun, inclusive environment, with programs ranging from ‘Book of the Month’ to our enriching Music program and our ‘Spanish Language Appreciation’ program. Our ‘Active’ program helps children learn gross motor skills and improve their strength, endurance, flexibility, balance and coordination.
About Your New Role
We are currently seeking an Early Childhood Teacher to join the team at our Highett Campus. This role will see you inspiring the programs across the campus working in a floating capacity, while ensuring a safe and stimulating learning environment. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensure the Oac Grow curriculum is being delivered
- Maintaining records of the children’s development
- Working in a collaborative work environment focusing on a One Team approach
- Create inspiring, interesting, and age appropriate learning environments
- Form meaningful partnerships with families to reach the best outcomes for each individual child
How We Support You
At Oac we support the wellbeing of our people by empowering them to explore not only career growth but also life aspirations. When you join Oac you can be assured a supportive, collaborative, and open team environment, where we work with you to be the best teacher you can be. At Oac, we can provide you with:
- Performance, loyalty, and achievement recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reduced childcare fees
- Addition day of leave (Called Oac Time)
- Established career path
- Access to our Oac Evolve Program (for personal and professional development)
- Access to ECA Learning Hub
How you support Us?
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or equivalent ACECQA approved teaching qualifications
- Valid VIT Registration (Early Childhood)
- Experience in planning and implementing the educational program which values a holistic view of each child’s development
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework and EYLF
- Effective implementation of pedagogy in your teaching practice
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? Follow the prompts to apply now!
Want to know more about Oac? Give Aimee a call on 03 8529 5016 for a chat or visit www.oac.edu.au