Only About Children Brighton East is a warm and inviting campus with large, dedicated outdoor play spaces, including a bike track, sandpit, vegetable garden and worm farm. Our age-based indoor spaces have been specifically created to encourage children in their learning and growth, with a focus on safety and natural elements. We enjoy getting out into our local community through planned excursions and community activities that build on our educational curriculum and the children’s interests.
Our Pre-kindergarten is focused on creating quality experiences that place your child in the best position to prepare for Kindergarten. Our nurturing educators give special emphasis on building school-ready skills, such as reading, writing, numeracy, and technology. We support children by providing balanced, small group learning activities that build independence and resilience along with academic skills.
With an innovative play-based curriculum we stand out by delivering intentional teaching in dynamic small group learning environments where children’s successes, skills and challenges are monitored on an ongoing basis.
Our team of highly-skilled educators and health specialists work together to create an integrated journey that enhances children’s learning and development. Individual learning plans are created to empower each child with skills that will help them reach their full academic and social potential.
About Your New Role
We are currently seeking an Early Childhood Teacher to join the team at our Brighton East Campus leading the 3-4 year old room. This role will see you inspiring the programs while ensuring a safe and stimulating learning environment. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensure the Oac Grow curriculum is being delivered
- Maintaining records of the children’s development
- Guide and mentor other educators as the Room Leader
- Working in a collaborative work environment focusing on a One Team approach
- Create inspiring, interesting, and age appropriate learning environments
- Form meaningful partnerships with families to reach the best outcomes for each individual child
How We Support You
At Oac we support the wellbeing of our people by empowering them to explore not only career growth but also life aspirations. When you join Oac you can be assured a supportive, collaborative, and open team environment, where we work with you to be the best teacher you can be. At Oac, we can provide you with:
- Performance, loyalty, and achievement recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reduced childcare fees
- Addition day of leave (Called Oac Time)
- Established career path
- Access to our Oac Evolve Program (for personal and professional development)
- Access to ECA Learning Hub
How you support Us?
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification
- Valid VIT Registration (Early Childhood)
- Experience in planning and implementing the educational program which values a holistic view of each child’s development
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework and EYLF
- Effective implementation of pedagogy in your teaching practice
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? Follow the prompts to apply now!
Want to know more about Oac? Give Aimee a call on 03 8529 5016 for a chat or visit www.oac.edu.au