Early Childhood Teacher
Only About Children Penrith
Only About Children Penrith has two dedicated outdoor play areas, offering an array of opportunities for interactions with the natural world. Both spaces are resourced with vegetable gardens, flower bed gardens and vast shaded areas, covered naturally with mature trees and shade sails. Children have plenty of space to create, explore and lead their own play. Our six age-based indoor spaces have been designed to encourage children to learn and grow with a focus on safety and natural elements.
The Role and Duties
Only About Children Penrith are seeking a passionate Early Childhood Educator to join their team. Our Penrith campus is unique as there are no room leaders it is everyone’s responsibility for a smooth running of the room. The position is full-time and shifts are done on a rotating roster. Some of your duties will include:
- Ensure delivery and maintenance of routines and programs specific to the room including small groups
- Implement the Grow curriculum within the campus
- Document the children’s learning through the Oac Connect app, supporting and mentoring other team members
- Create and set up interesting learning environments for the children that are in line with Oac Grow
- Form partnerships with families to reach the best possible outcomes for each child
- Work as a team and ensure that you support and respect other team members.
- Above Award Salary
- Long-standing team with the great work culture
- Flexible work arrangements
- An additional day of leave called ‘Oac Time’
- Reward & Recognition Program
- Reduced childcare fees
- Financial support towards your studies
- Transfer options across three different states
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Teaching (or ACECQA equivalent)
- NESA Teaching Accreditation
- Working With Children Check
- Strong pedagogical practices
- A creative and cooperative team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Only About Children, we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Kirstie on 0413 359 077 for a confidential discussion about your career goals.
We look forward to hearing from you!