Only About Children Highett
At Only About Children Highett, our children enjoy plenty of outdoor play space with dedicated areas for our Nursery, Toddler and Kinder children. We have planter boxes for growing vegetables and a bike track. Our age-based indoor spaces are specifically designed to encourage children to learn and grow with a focus on safety and natural elements. The main kitchen is designed for children to interact with our Cook and take part in cooking experiences.
We enjoy connecting with our local community through planned excursions and activities that build on the children’s interests and learning. The Highett early learning centre plans trips to Woolworths and other local businesses, and we have a great connection with St Agnes’ Primary, where our children enjoy regular visits throughout the year. We also experience natural environments by visiting local parks.
At our Highett early learning centre you will find a team of qualified and passionate Educators ready to help your child feel stimulated, safe, nurtured and happy. Our educational curriculum, known as Oac Grow, specifically supports the development of growing minds in Nursery and Kindergarten aged children. We cover numeracy and literacy, technology, creative expression, exploration and sustainability. Your child will take part in a range of experiences exclusive to Only About Children. Our teaching is delivered in a fun, inclusive environment, with programs ranging from ‘Book of the Month’ to our enriching Music program and our ‘Spanish Language Appreciation’ program. Our ‘Active’ program helps children learn gross motor skills and improve their strength, endurance, flexibility, balance and coordination.
About The Role
We are searching for our next Room Leader to join the wonderful team in opening a new room at Oac Highett! This role will see you working in collaboration with the wider team to ensure our children are inspired to learn in a stimulating environment.
- Ensure the Oac Grow curriculum is being delivered at the highest standard
- Maintaining ongoing records of the children’s development, program and daily information for children
- Facilitate a collaborative work environment focusing on a One Team approach by supporting educators
- Create inspiring, interesting, and age appropriate learning environments
- Form meaningful partnerships with families to reach the best outcomes for each individual child
- A focus on the Primary Care-Giving Approach
How We Support You?
- Career development through our Oac Evolve programs
- Strong reward and recognition program including Awards Nights!
- An additional day of leave called “Oac Time”
- Opportunities to study further with Oac
- Discounted Childcare
- Beautiful learning environments and access to updated resources
How You Support Us?
We understand that educating young children is complex and requires ongoing qualifications and professional development. We ensure all our team members are appropriately skilled and qualified to develop and educate young minds. For this position we are looking for someone with:
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Minimum two years experience within a leadership role
- The ability to mentor and lead a team of educators
- Strong communication, organisation, and documentation capabilities
- The ability to create meaningful relationships with our children, families, and fellow educators
Interested? Please hit the APPLY button now and follow the prompts to submit your resume.
Want to know more about Oac? Give Aimee a call on 03 8529 5016 for a chat and visit www.oac.edu.au