Early Childhood Room Leader
Only About Children is one of Australia’s leading early education and preschool providers for children 0-5 years with a focus on integrated and holistic early childhood education, child development and health and wellbeing. We have 80 Early Education and Preschool campuses with many more in development throughout NSW, VIC and QLD.
At Only About Children, we’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Cert. III or Diploma qualified leaders to join our teams. These are full-time positions on rotating rosters anywhere opening hours 6am-7pm (7.5 – 9.5 hour shifts available).
We have the above positions available at the following East and City campuses:
- Rose Bay
Your duties as an Only About Children educator will include:
- Create a stimulating, positive and appropriate environment to foster and support the development. Add your flair to our GROW curriculum
- Taking ownership of your room, ensuring smooth operations and continuous improvement.
- Communicate positively and openly with children and their families on an ongoing basis (via Story Park, of during drop-offs/pickups)
- Conduct observations and evaluation of children’s development. Be apart of important milestones and journey through the world through our children’s eyes.
- Provide physical care, assisting children in daily routines and mealtimes.
- Respond to the emotional needs of the children. Our ideal educator knows how to make children feel heard
- Maintain up to date records for each child within the group. While you have foundational knowledge of compliance, we’ll teach you the ins and outs of the NQF
We offer a range of employee benefits to support you on your Only About Children journey:
- Competitive Salary – Attractive rates and yearly wage reviews (minimum 2.5% yearly increase)
- Staff Development – continuously learn through Oac Academy, our online training tool there to support you in your professional development.
- Education Assistance – Financial studying support is available for those wanting to progress their career
- Reward & Recognition Program – Annual Excellence Awards, bonus programs and more.
- Discounted Childcare – Ongoing permanent employees can enjoy 50% discount on childcare fees
- Easy Commute – Onsite car parking (for campuses mainly in the east) and easy access to public transport available
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood Education or Equivalent
- As the working environment is fast -paced our ideal candidate would already have some leadership experience
- Valid Working With Children’s Check.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID 19
- Current First Aid Certificate – Desirable
- Child Protection qualification – Desirable
- A creative and cooperative team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Only About Children, we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, including those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Aneesha on 0407 906 507 or email me on [email protected] for a confidential discussion about your career goals.