About the Company and Role
We passionately believe that good nutrition plays a vital role in children’s physical and mental development. At our campuses we have onsite, modern kitchens and a seasonal menu designed by nutritionists, ‘The Biting Truth’, to maintain good health practices for the children. The Oac Nutrition program includes a 4 week rotating menu that you would follow.
The objective of this role is to work alongside and assist the Cook in the preparation of food, cooking and maintaining a clean kitchen including dishes. The role also assists in the delivery of operational service and quality to our children and families whilst supporting other team members.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Approved Food Handling/Food Safety Certificates
- Nutrition or Cookery qualifications desired
- 1 years’ work experience working in a kitchen setting including allergy awareness
- Ability to interact and engage with children and families
- Experience in working as a team and a can-do attitude
- An eye for detail, ensuring cleanliness and hygiene is key!
- Victorian Working With Children Check
- We cannot accept student visa holders at this time as the position is more than 20 hours per week
- Great hands on experience, enhancing your current skills
- Friendly, and supportive staff
- Positive work environment, making a real difference
- Discounted childcare
- Additional day of leave called “Oac Time”
Sound like the opportunity for you? Just hit the apply button to send through your resume. To learn more about Oac, visit our website www.oac.edu.au