Early Childhood Kitchen Hand | Glebe
Only About Children Glebe
At Only About Children Glebe, we passionately believe that good nutrition plays a vital role in children’s physical and mental development. At our campuses we have onsite, modern kitchens and a seasonal menu designed by nutritionists, ‘The Biting Truth’, to maintain good health practices for the children. The Oac Nutrition program includes a 4 week rotating menu that you would follow.
The objective of this role is to work alongside and assist the Cook in the preparation of food, cooking and maintaining a clean kitchen including dishes. The role also assists in the delivery of operational service and quality to our children and families whilst supporting other team members.
This position is part-time, approximately 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Approved Food Handling/Food Safety Certificates
- Nutrition or Cookery qualifications desired
- Ability to interact and engage with children and families
- Experience in working as a team and a can-do attitude
- An eye for detail ensuring cleanliness and hygiene is key!
- Working With Children Check
- Covid 19 vaccination
- Desirable – Knowledge of statutory regulations relating to the industry
- Great hands on experience, enhancing your current skills
- Friendly, and supportive staff
- Positive work environment, making a real difference
- Discounted childcare
- Additional day of leave called “Oac Time”
At Only About Children, we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, including those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Phoebe on 0456 624 762 for a confidential discussion about your career goals.