Early Childhood Kitchen Hand
Only About Children is one of Australia’s leading early education and preschool providers for children 0-5 years with a focus on integrated and holistic early childhood education, child development and health and wellbeing. We have 75 Early Education and Preschool campuses with many more in development throughout NSW, VIC and QLD.
About the Cammeray Campus
Our beautiful Cammeray Campus is a 152-place campus with an immaculate outdoor play area with wonderful spaces completes with a vegetable garden and several alfresco learning spaces for educators to use throughout the day. Our indoor spaces have an abundance of natural light with our 10 classrooms designed to encourage children to learn and grow, at their age and stage of development.
Easy to find, with onsite car parking and local transport links available. As our campus occupies the top two floors of Cammeray Square Shopping Mall, there are plenty of hospitality venues below which is great for lunch breaks.
About the role
At Only About Children, we passionately believe that good nutrition plays a vital role in children’s physical and mental development. At our campuses we have onsite, modern kitchens and a seasonal menu designed by nutritionists, ‘The Biting Truth’, to maintain good health practices for the children. The Oac Nutrition program includes a 4 week rotating menu that you would follow.
The objective of this role is to work alongside and assist the Campus Cook to support in the preparation of food, cooking and maintaining a clean kitchen including dishes. The role also assists in the delivery of operational service and quality to our children and families whilst supporting other team members.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Approved Food Handling/Food Safety Certificates
- Nutrition or Cookery qualifications desired
- 1 years’ work experience working in a kitchen setting including allergy awareness
- Ability to interact and engage with children and families
- Experience in working as a team and a can-do attitude
- An eye for detail ensuring cleanliness and hygiene is key!
- Victorian Working With Children Check
- Great hands on experience, enhancing your current skills
- Friendly and supportive team
- $1,000 sign on bonus for all new team members
- Positive work environment, making a real difference
- Discounted childcare of 50%
- Additional day of wellbeing leave each year
At Only About Children we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Bronte on 0472 707 110 for a confidential discussion about your career goals.