Early Childhood Educator Assistant
Only About Children Leichhardt Norton
Our beautiful Leichhardt Norton Plaza is a 75-place campus that is purpose-built that incorporating the many benefits of the outdoors into our holistic early learning programs. The campus has three dedicated outdoor play areas – featuring sandpits, a large bike track with bikes and scooters and an edible garden – children can enjoy creating, exploring, and leading their own play.
The Role and Duties
We are seeking a Diploma Qualified Educator to join our team. This position will be in our Preschool Room and will be Monday to Friday full-time position on rotating rosters. Some of your duties will include:
- Working closely with all educators to provide a stimulating environment for children to thrive in
- Supporting children to reach their full potential through play-based activities
- Utilizing the Oac Grow curriculum to support your daily practices
- Ongoing communication with children, families, and colleagues
- Following daily routines including mealtimes, rest times, nappy changing, etc.
- You may also be required to support the room leader by contributing to the daily documentation
- An additional day of leave called ‘Oac Time’
- Flexible work arrangements
- Reward & Recognition Program
- Ongoing development opportunities
- Reduced childcare fees
- Financial support towards your studies
- Transfer options across three different states
- Close to public transport and is in Norton Plaza Shopping centre
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care from a Recognised Registered Training Organisation
- Experience in working as a team
- Valid Working with Children’s Check
- Desirable – Current First Aid Certificate
- Desirable – Child Protection qualification
- Desirable- 2 years demonstrated experience in an early childhood setting
- Genuine enthusiasm to work in early childhood education
At Only About Children, we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Kirstie on 0413 359 077 for a confidential discussion about your career goals.
We look forward to hearing from you!