Early Childhood Cook
Only About Children is one of Australia’s leading early education and preschool providers for children 0-5 years with a focus on integrated and holistic early childhood education, child development and health and wellbeing. We have 80 Early Education and Preschool campuses with many more in development throughout NSW, VIC and QLD.
We believe it is important to lay the foundation for a healthy and active lifestyle from a young age which is why we have a unique Playground to Plate® Food Garden that aims to transform the relationship that children have with food from infancy through to school age. The Playground to Plate® program brings children, Educators and our campus cook together to learn about and experience food.
We have Cook positions at the following locations:
- Prepare meals as per the Oac Nutrition Menus
- Plan and cater for all allergies and dietary requirements
- Interact with children in a positive and warm way about their food
- Ensure presentation of food is appealing and exciting for children
- Adhere to all policies about hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Ensure the kitchen and appliances are well looked after at all times
We offer a range of employee benefits to support you on your Only About Children journey:
- Competitive Salary – Attractive rates and yearly wage reviews.
- Staff Development – continuously learn through Oac Academy, our online training tool there to support you in your professional development.
- Education Assistance – Financial studying support is available for those wanting to progress their career
- Reward & Recognition Program – Excellence awards, bonus programs and more.
- Discounted Childcare – Ongoing employees can enjoy discounted childcare fees.
- Easy Commute – Onsite car parking and easy access to public transport available.
Skills and Experience
It’s important that our cook is passionate about providing children with fresh and healthy meals to support their overall holistic development.
On top of this, we will need you to have:
- Experience working in a childcare environment is desirable
- Working With Children Check
- Food Safety Supervisor certification
- Experience with managing allergies and dietary requirements
- A positive team player happy who is happy to regularly engage with children, staff, and families
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Gabi on 0458 441 203 for a confidential discussion about your career goals.