About the Role
Your role as a childcare cook at Oac Hawthorn will see you preparing and cooking meals for the children attending the campus each day, while ensuring the food meets their nutritional needs and food safety standards. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare meals as per the Oac Nutrition Menu
- Adhering to all allergies, intolerances, and cultural requirements
- Interact with children about their meal in a warm and responsive manner
- Ensure the delivery of food meets the classroom routine times
- Maintain a clean and organised kitchen at all times
- Complete the weekly food order in consultation with the campus director
Only About Children (Oac) is focused on creating a unique, fun and nurturing environment where both our children and our team members can grow and develop to their full potential. We passionately believe that good nutrition plays a vital role in children’s physical and mental development in early childhood.
The Only About Children Nutrition program includes a 4 week rotating seasonal menu that meets children’s needs, taking into account nutritional and energy requirements as well as cultural and health needs. Each Oac campus has their own chef who works in a modern on-site, state of the art kitchen, to freshly prepare all of the children’s delicious meals. At Only About Children, we serve 5 meals each day including breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a late snack.
How You Support Us
We understand that educating young children is complex and requires ongoing qualifications and professional development. We ensure all our team members are appropriately skilled and qualified to develop and educate young minds. For this position, we are looking for:
• Completed Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
• Minimum 2 years cooking in a similar setting
• Current Working With Children Check
• Strong understanding of Nutrition Australia guidelines for Young Children
• Experience in purchasing and Food Safety requirements
• Excellent communication and team work skills
• Solid understanding of allergy and anaphylaxis management in food preparation
Interested? Please hit the APPLY button now and follow the prompts to submit your resume.
Want to know more about Oac? Give Aimee a call on 03 8529 5016 for a chat or visit www.oac.edu.au