Early Childhood Cook
We are seeking applications from passionate childcare cooks to join us and deliver innovative practices in our campus located in Cheltenham. We are located close by to public transport and have convenient parking available. You will be catering for up to 86 children per day.
About Your Role
- Prepare meals as per the Oac Nutrition Menus
- Plan and cater for all allergies and dietary requirements
- Interact with children in a positive and warm way about their food
- Ensure presentation of food is appealing and exciting for children
- Adhere to all policies about hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Ensure the kitchen and appliances are well looked after at all times
What You Will Need to Have
It’s important that our cook is passionate about providing children with fresh and healthy meals to support their overall holistic development. On top of this, we will need you to have:
- Experience working in a childcare centre
- Valid Working With Children Check
- Food Safety Supervisor certification
- Experience with managing allergies and dietary requirements
- A positive team player who is happy to regularly engage with children, staff, and families
- Covid-19 vaccinations
At Only About Children we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Aimee on 03 8529 5016 for a confidential discussion.