Diploma Room Leader
Only About Children South Melbourne has large several outdoor play areas featuring climbing frames, bike tracks, sandpits, a worm farm, growing area and bamboo forest. Children have plenty of space to explore, create and lead their own play. Each yard is under the covering of large sunshades for those summer days. Our classrooms are age-based and designed with natural elements and a focus on safety and learning.
We enjoy connecting with our local community through regular planned excursions and activities that build on the children’s interests and learning. These include trips to Melbourne Zoo, the Aquarium and South Melbourne Market where we go to buy our fresh produce for our children to patriciate in cooking experiences and learn about healthy eating. We also enjoy close relationships with Albert Park Primary School, Middle Park Primary School and South Melbourne Primary School as part of our school readiness program.
About the Role
We are looking to welcome a new room leader to our toddler room team. We envision the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Inspiring children through play-based and interest focused activities
- Mentoring a team of educators through educational guidance
- Creating meaningful partnerships with families, children, and educators to create positive outcomes for children
- Planning and programming with support from the Oac Grow Curriculum
Requirements for the Role
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent)
- Experience in leading a team of educators
- Working with Children Check (Employee)
- First Aid and Child Protection certificates
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
- Additional day off each year called Oac Time
- $1,000 sign on bonus for all new team members
- Internal opportunities for growth and new role opportunities
- Educational assistance and financial support to complete a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education
- Need flexible work arrangements? Let’s discuss how we can support your life outside work
- Social events to help build connections with your team
At Only About Children we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au or call Aimee on 03 8529 5016 for a confidential discussion about your career goals.