Childcare Kitchen Hand
At Only About Children, we passionately believe that good nutrition plays a vital role in children’s physical and mental development. At our campuses we have onsite, modern kitchens and a seasonal menu designed by nutritionists, ‘The Biting Truth’, to maintain good health practices for the children. The Oac Nutrition program includes a 4 week rotating menu that you would follow.
The objective of this role is to work alongside and assist the Campus Cook to support in the preparation of food, cooking and maintaining a clean kitchen including dishes. The role also assists in the delivery of operational service and quality to our children and families whilst supporting other team members.
We currently have Kitchen Hand positions available in our Pascoe Vale South and Camberwell locations! The position is part-time, approximately 5 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Approved Food Handling/Food Safety Certificates
- Nutrition or Cookery qualifications desired
- 1 years’ work experience working in a kitchen setting including allergy awareness
- Ability to interact and engage with children and families
- Experience in working as a team and a can-do attitude
- An eye for detail ensuring cleanliness and hygiene is key!
- Victorian Working With Children Check
- Covid-19 vaccination
- Desirable – Knowledge of statutory regulations relating to the industry
- We can not accept student visa holders at this time as the position is approx. 25 hours per week
- Great hands on experience, enhancing your current skills
- Friendly and supportive staff
- $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Positive work environment, making a real difference
- Discounted childcare of 50%
- Additional day of leave called “Oac Time”
At Only About Children we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the apply button, or contact Aimee to find out more [email protected]