Only About Children
Oac’s Tarneit early learning and kindergarten campus is a spacious purpose-built facility providing long day care for children ages 0 – 6 years.
The campus features 8 individual rooms to deliver intentional play-based learning environments for Nursery, Toddler and Kindergarten children.
We believe it is important to lay the foundation for a healthy and active lifestyle from a young age which is why we have a unique Playground to Plate® Food Garden that aims to transform the relationship that children have with food from infancy through to school age. The Playground to Plate® program brings children, Educators and our campus cook together to learn about and experience food.
About Your Role
- Prepare meals as per the Oac Nutrition Menus
- Plan and cater for all allergies and dietary requirements
- Interact with children in a positive and warm way about their food
- Ensure presentation of food is appealing and exciting for children
- Adhere to all policies about hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Ensure the kitchen and appliances are well looked after at all times
What We Are Looking For
It’s important that our cook is passionate about providing children with fresh and healthy meals to support their overall holistic development. On top of this, we will need you to have:
- Experience working in a childcare environment desirable
- Working With Children Check
- Food Safety Supervisor certification
- Experience with managing allergies and dietary requirements
- A positive team player happy who is happy to regularly engage with children, staff, and families
If this opportunity excites you, please follow the prompts online to apply. Feel free to call Aimee on 03 8529 5016 for any further information.