The Only About Children Nutrition program includes a 4 week rotating seasonal menu that meets children’s needs, taking into account nutritional and energy requirements as well as cultural and health needs. Each Oac campus has their own chef who works in a modern on-site, state of the art kitchen, to freshly prepare all of the children’s delicious meals. At Only About Children, we serve 5 meals each day including breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a late snack.
We are seeking applications from passionate childcare cooks to join us and deliver innovative practices in an incredible space at Oac Berwick in a permanent part-time position working Monday to Wednesday.
About Your Role
- Prepare meals as per the Oac Nutrition Menus
- Plan and cater for all allergies and dietary requirements
- Interact with children in a positive and warm way about their food
- Ensure presentation of food is appealing and exciting for children
- Adhere to all policies about hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Ensure the kitchen and appliances are well looked after at all times
What You Will Need to Have
It’s important that our cook is passionate about providing children with fresh and healthy meals to support their overall holistic development. On top of this, we will need you to have:
- Experience working in a childcare environment would be an advantage
- Valid Working With Children Check
- Food Safety Supervisor certification
- Experience with managing allergies and dietary requirements
- A positive team player who is happy to regularly engage with children, staff, and families
How to Apply
If this opportunity excites you, please follow the prompts online to apply. Feel free to call Aimee on 03 8529 5016 for any further information.