Casual Childcare Cook
About Only About Children
At Only About Children, we believe the kitchen is where the heart is. It is one of the most important roles we offer to ensure our children have a great day, and furthermore, a great start to life!
We have scrumptious and appealing menus designed by our own nutritionists which are prepared by our campus chefs each day; meaning you get to focus on doing what you love best; cooking!
Our nutrition program includes a 4 week rotating seasonal menu that meets children’s needs, taking into account nutritional and energy requirements as well as cultural and health needs.
Being a Cook with Only About Children
The stand alone cook we are seeking is tasked with preparing and cooking nutritious meals for children aged 0-6 years, whilst upholding cleanliness and ensuring that the kitchen operates within the National Quality Standards and governing regulations.
What You Will Need for the Opportunity
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery is ideal but not essential
- A creative and cooperative team member with previous experience running a kitchen – ideally in an early childhood environment but perhaps you have worked in aged care or a similar environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A valid full Working with Children Check
- Experience in allergy management procedures
At Only About Children we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work. We welcome and encourage applications from all members of the community, particularly those who identify as Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander.
Please visit us at www.oac.edu.au.Please email Erin.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0456 950 127 for a confidential discussion about your career goals.